Peta-- a Feminist's Problem with Men

Peta-- a Feminist's Problem with Men

Author: Moira Walker

Publisher: Rethinking Reading

ISBN: 0335192238

Category: Medical

Page: 158

View: 648

Download BOOK ยป

'I've got a problem with men .... I don't know whether it's a problem with other things as well ... I am afraid of what men represent ... I feel they have more power.' This is how Peta begins to tell her story to her potential therapist. Six therapists are given the opportunity of assessing Peta: what do they wish to know about her? how do they understand her? how might they work with her? and what outcome can they predict for her as a result of therapy? In this fascinating book - which starts with Peta's own story - the reader has the chance to see six different therapists at work, drawing on the same initial material from the one real client. The similarities and differences between therapies and therapists are highlighted. And at the end the reader is able to enter Peta's experience of the process, and decide with her, which one she might choose in her search for a therapist. This highly original volume will appeal to a wide range of students and practitioners involved in counselling and psychotherapy, particularly those interested in comparing different therapeutic approaches.
Peta-- a Feminist's Problem with Men
Language: en
Pages: 158
Authors: Moira Walker
Categories: Medical
Type: BOOK - Published: 1995 - Publisher: Rethinking Reading

'I've got a problem with men .... I don't know whether it's a problem with other things as well ... I am afraid of what men represent ... I feel they have more power.' This is how Peta begins to tell her story to her potential therapist. Six therapists are
A Question of Inequality
Language: en
Pages: 256
Authors: Christopher Steed
Categories: Philosophy
Type: BOOK - Published: 2018-07-30 - Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing

Inequality is widening. In the twenty-first century, the gap between those who have more and those who have less is growing: 1 per cent of the world owns as much as the other 99 per cent. Should we be worried? Christopher Steed, author of the acclaimed A Question of Worth,
An Introduction To Counselling
Language: en
Pages: 778
Authors: John McLeod
Categories: Psychology
Type: BOOK - Published: 2013-08-01 - Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education (UK)

This bestseller provides a comprehensive introduction to the theory and practice of counselling and psychotherapy.
Integrity and Change
Language: en
Pages: 216
Authors: Eileen Smith
Categories: Psychology
Type: BOOK - Published: 2003-09-02 - Publisher: Routledge

Integrity and Change: Mental Health in the Market Place examines how workers in the caring professions might preserve their integrity and ability to reflect and act purposefully in the face of such rapid and extensive change.
The Therapist'S Use Of Self
Language: en
Pages: 156
Authors: Rowan, John, Jacobs, Michael
Categories: Psychology
Type: BOOK - Published: 2002-10-01 - Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education (UK)

This book deals with what is perhaps the central question in therapy - who is the therapist? And how does that actually come across and manifest itself in the therapeutic relationship? A good deal of the thinking about this in psychoanalysis has come under the heading of countertransference. Much of